We have conquered and will continue to conquer only through him that loved us. This Love is one of a kind; a type that the world or creation has never seen before; the Bible calls it of a different manner in 1 John 3 v 1; the Love is so deep that the Bible says; in Rom. 8 v 32 "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"
In 1 Tim. 6 v 17 we were also given all things richly to enjoy; I hereby say in all things we are more than conquerors. And so what is that thing that is rocking your ship of faith or making you fear; behold I say in that thing you’re not only a conqueror, but more than a conqueror through the Mighty Conqueror Jesus Christ Col. 2 v 13 – 15. Today we’ll be looking at the enemies in the ship of a conqueror and remaining a conqueror. We Trust that the Holy Spirit will guide us in Jesus Name.
ENEMIES IN THE SHIP OF A CONQUEROR Romans 8 v 33 - 35 Let us look at those things which seem to threaten our victorious status but nevertheless couldn't make us less victors.
- The Devil: Job 1 v 9 - 11, Rev 12 v 10 He can't make you a loser, so he makes you think you're a loser. When you think you've lost it then you have; because as a man thinketh in his heart so is he Proverbs 23 v 7; also guard your heart with all diligence for out of it flows the issues of life Proverbs 4 v 23 But we have defeated him; see Revelations 12 v 10
- Evil Men and Workers of Wickedness:Jude 1 v 12They're polluters of righteous deeds. These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
- Evil heart of unbelief: Hebrews 3 v 12These types of heart have the capacity to make a man turn away from God. Never will such a heart receive anything from the Lord. Let us continually ask God for a heart of flesh towards his Word
- Fear: Fear has torment. The opposite of Faith and is the greatest dissipator of the confidence we have in our victory over life's circumstances 1 John 4 v 18. For this reason God says he has not given us the spirit of fear.
- Flesh and all its works: Galatians 5 v 17
REMAINING A CONQUERORThe following we need to do to remain conquerors.
- Remain in him Rom. 8 v 37; John 15 v 4
- Bear fruit. Evangelize John 15 v 15 – 16; Mark 16 v 15
- Pray without ceasing 1 Thess. 5 v 17; Luke 18 v 1 Praying is communicating with the vine, since were the branches.
- Render quality service to God by praising him and offer your body as a living sacrifice to him. Psalm 22 v 3; Rom 12 v 1
- Always offer unto God something that will cost you. Mark 12 v 41 – 44; 1 Kings 17 v 7 - 16
Remember a conqueror is a champion, and a champion always has contenders, but to remain a champion you have to remain in the Mighty Conqueror. Heb. 2 v 8. Shalom!