Paper & Rock jeans are made from recycled plastic, which will help divert the millions bottles that people throw out per minute from ending up in oceans and landfills – and instead repurposes these plastic bottles into stylish and comfortable jeans that can be a staple in every person’s closet.
“We're excited to have raised four times our initial campaign goal during crowdfunding for our new jeans, made specifically for people who really care about sustainability and combating pollution and who are also looking for a way to make a direct, positive impact on our environment,” said Paper & Rock LLC Founder Hitesh Tanwani. “If every American buys one pair of our jeans, we can divert 3.3 billion bottles from ending up in our oceans.”
Made to be worn for casual or formal occasions, each pair of jeans contains yarn made from 10 recycled plastic bottles and organic cotton, zippers made from recycled plastic and buttons made from a 100 percent natural product.
“Paper & Rock Jeans are the eco-friendliest product in its class,” Tanwani said. “Our jeans are made to significantly reduce ocean plastic pollution without compromising comfort and style.”
Paper & Rock Jeans complete features include:
- Stain Resistance: Spills happen, but these jeans are resistant to wine, coffee, beer, soda and other spills thanks to the stain resistant formula that is OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 compliant and PFOA & PFOS free. It is also free of fluorocarbons, compared to Teflon-based market leaders.
- Power Stretch: Freedom of movement enables unrestricted movement, with an advanced fabric technology that provides built-in recovery, so jeans keep their shape.
- Odor Resistance: A special proprietary fabric blend makes them stink resistant, which means they don’t need washing as often, which saves water.
- Water Resistance: These jeans can be worn worry free when an unexpected drizzle comes around.
- Deep Front Pockets: Designed with four front pockets: Right Side - One deep pocket and smartphone pocket; Left Side - One deep pocket and a credit card/hotel key pocket – all subtle, yet deep enough to carry all essentials (even a passport)
- Secure Zippered Back Pockets: Four back pockets. In addition to regular back pockets, designed with two secure hidden pick-pocket free zippered pockets.
- Super Comfort: A special proprietary blend makes these jeans super comfortable - whether you are at work, cramped on a plane, running errands or lounging at home. As comfy as sweatpants.
- Temperature Regulating: The proprietary fiber structure transports moisture away from the body to keep the wearer cool on hot days, and warm during cold days.
- Moisture Wicking: The proprietary fabric is designed to pull moisture away from the skin, drawing sweat and perspiration off the skin and out to the exterior of the fabric.
- Breathable: A fabric weave designed to mimic the climate and allows air to pass in and out freely.
- Wrinkle Resistance: The fabric contains recycled polyester known for its wrinkle-resistant properties.
- Highly durable: The fabric contains recycled polyester, which is 10 times stronger than virgin polyester.
- Packable: The jeans pack small when rolled so more can be carried in a suitcase, and since the fabric is wrinkle resistant, the jeans are ready to wear when unpacked.
- Anti-Microbial: Made with recycled polyester, which is naturally resistant to bacteria.
Itch Free: Soft to the touch.
- YKK Natulon® Zippers: Made from recycled plastic bottles using materials recycling technologies
- Animal Cruelty Free: No leather labels, since there’s no need to kill animals to be comfortable and stylish.
“All humans owe it to our future generation to leave the planet in the same or better condition as when we arrived in it,” Tanwani added. “A single plastic bottle can kill over 50 marine lives, since marine animals eat plastic, which can starve and kill them. Since plastic litter may not decompose for 450 years, it will continue to affect oceanic ecosystems for centuries…so small decisions like choosing an eco-friendly product, or saying no to single-use plastic, makes a huge difference for the future of our planet.”
For more information, or to purchase the world’s most eco-friendly jeans at a discount during crowdfunding, visit the Paper & Rock Campaign Page on Kickstarter.